Saturday, March 31, 2007

More Beads and Blooms

Just thought I'd drag out some of my recent beads into the glorious morning sun. These are "tie dye" beads, where a tiny twistie of reactive colors is applied to a base bead. Opal Yellow is responsible for much of this interesting effect. These will find their way into one of my jewelry pieces before too long, as my show dates are rapidly approaching.

Finally got my application in for the local Mountain Art Guild Art and Wine show in June - this year they've hired a promoter for this show and jurying will be done for everyone (not just first time show participants). On April 6 I'm off to the San Mateo Jewelry and Gem show for findings I need to complete my pieces: sterling chains, Bali beads, etc. It's always a fun event.

I need to learn the name of this impressive azalea! It was here when we bought the house, and is incredibly full and packed with color. It's in full glory now, and the single white ones planted next to it are ready to pop. I love it! It reminds me of a lovely heirloom rose.

Finally, check out my new seat covers! Wow! It took me forever to find a leopard pattern that didn't look cheesy, and these were great. I don't know what possessed me, but when I decided to get seat covers I could not ignore this little voice inside me that said..."go animal!". My friends and co-workers are starting to wonder about this previously unknown side of me. What other secret fetishes are lurking below the surface of this otherwise ordinary woman?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails