Thursday, April 26, 2007

More New Jewelry

Well, we're back from a wonderful, relaxing week in Baja, and it's time to get busy! My first show of the spring is the Saratoga Rotary Club Art Show, on Sunday, May 6, at West Valley College in Saratoga. It's coming up soon! I'm looking forward to my first experience with this one day show, as I've heard great things about it from my jeweler friends. Here are some images from work I'll be showing there.


"Lavendicious". This shorter-length necklace features a square focal with two holes, fine silver fused rings, and a collection of beads in various hues of lavender. Fine silver clasp.







Lots of my spring work is floral in nature, to celebrate the season. Brown and blue, cool shades of green and blue, with accents in sterling, freshwater pearls, fine silver, and Swarovski crystals.

This brown and blue one has a very retro feel to me, and for some reason I can't identify, reminds me of surfing apparel.



This green and blue floral bracelet has a longer style of squeezed bead, new this year. Swirls of flower vine undulate across the base bead of coke bottle green, and the flower centers are enhanced by the blue Swarovski crystals.






Finally, here is a bracelet from my "Silver Play" series, which I love to make - when I do these I get in a serious creative trance, coming up with one unique bead after another.

I've used primarily Moretti light ivory, and silver leaf or foil to create varied effects. Occasional touches of clear and copper green make for a very interesting collection of beads. New this year are some pieces with crystal rondelle accent beads, and some larger, more intricate sterling spacers.











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails