Monday, April 30, 2007

Only Five More Days


Since I'm going to be parting with some of my favorites soon, I've been taking lots of pictures. I've been told that "proper" artists photograph their jewelry on plain black or white backgrounds (so as not to distract from the pieces themselves), but something about this medium just compels me to take them outside! Lay me on a bed of dewy moss and capture my natural beauty! Drape me over a sun baked cactus skeleton, and watch me shine! I'm a natural element, for gosh sake! That's what they tell me, anyway, and I'll probably keep listening. But for now, you'll have to put up with a few photo studio shots.

I had a very productive weekend making all sorts of new pieces with the beads I've been torching and squirreling away. The countdown to the Saratoga Rotary Art Show continues...

and the garden blooms on.

This is a cymbidium orchid, one of the toughest out there (and the only variety I own). I do virtually nothing to it all year, and get these lovely blooms each spring. It's like a whole other world inside that flower!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails