Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thanks to all for a great show!

I had a great show on Sunday! It’s taken me this long to recover and get around to posting an update. I sprained my ankle on Friday morning on a slick floor, which only made the frantic show prep and disassembly process a little more painful and laborious, but I’m recovering. I was glad to be a Jacuzzi owner when Sunday evening came around. My wonderful DH (darling husband) knew I’d be worthless and made me a delectable dinner, which I eagerly consumed after my long-awaited soak.

I am totally impressed with the Saratoga Rotary organization. They ran a great show on Sunday, and I had a wonderful time. It was a lot of work getting ready, and it was hot, and windy at times, but all in all it was fabulous. While I didn’t get very far from my booth to check out many of the 170 artists there, I hear that the overall quality was excellent and I was blown away by the attendance.

Good organization can make a world of difference to the experience from an artist’s perspective, and I can tell you that this aspect was just great. I was not bombarded with emails, confused about times, locations, or procedures, and I think I received only 1 or 2 snail mails from them from start to finish. They came by throughout the day with water, meals, and offers of assistance. My hat is off to you, Saratoga Rotary, and you and your organization deserve every penny of what you earn. If you’re curious about the Rotary Club’s international efforts, please check them out at www.rotary.org. My late father was a member of this honorable group, and I feel great about leveraging my artistic talents to contribute to their causes.

Thanks to my many friends who stopped by to see what I’ve been up to (the reason why I’ve been such a hermit lately!), and also to all of my loyal customers who have supported my habit, er, career, by investing in my wearable art or offering me encouragement.

My friend Joyce, who was in the show as well, sent her mother over at one point with some home made cookies – they were a big hit and it was so sweet of her to do this. When she arrived my friend Frank was there with his 2 ½ year old daughter, who connected with the goods (cookies) right away. And I don’t know what I would have done without my dear friend Linda, who was there from the start through the break-down and haul-out – I love you girl!

If you intended to make this show but didn't manage to, I'll be at the Mountain Art Guild's Art and Wine show next month, on June 9 and 10.

And finally, for anyone who's been trying to send me email at my website, hang in there, I'm having my host help me figure out what's wrong. I fear that it's been partially broken for some time. Leave a comment here if you're one of those folks.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails