Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another fabulous fall day in Northern California and I missed much of it. Today was spent tidying up in the studio, cleaning beads from yesterday's work, cleaning and storing new glass rods from three different shopping trips, and putting up my new Etsy shop.

For the uninitiated, Etsy is a relatively new forum in which artists can sell their work, as they describe it, "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade". It's a better alternative to eBay for many lampwork bead artists, and some are doing well there. Take a look and let me know what you think!

On other fronts, the garden is going well, er, as well as can be expected with only halfhearted and irregular attention. I am slowly making progress attending to some long needed maintenance chores, such as removing the half whiskey barrel planters we went crazy on almost 10 years ago (hint: they rot). I am also waging full scale war against one (God forbid it's a whole clan) gopher who has tunneled in and around every single plant in the back garden, killing where possible and rendering helpless every plant I had the foresight to plant in a "gopher basket". I water, it seems to soak in, and next thing you know it's gushing out of a hole some yards away. Crap. But recalling some trapping instruction I received from my gardening friend Patricia, I have two traps set for this/these demons, and I will get them eventually. Their days are numbered.

Check the bottom of this page for a new feature - the current list of music I'm listening to in the studio. I figure if you're going to appreciate the beads, you may (or may not) want to learn about what I was listening to when they were "born". I have to warn you, I have some very eclectic musical preferences, and it's not unusual to find a bizarre mix of classical, alternative, and folk on my iPod. Mike Rowe, eat your heart out. More on my secret crush on this TV celebrity later. Rock on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails