Monday, September 24, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged in a game of blogger tag by Bosphorus Glass (a.k.a. Ilknur Akbay), in Turkey! I've never heard of this before, and I spend way too much time on the computer.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

8 Random Facts About Myself:

1. I have never had novacaine. Yes, my teeth are that good. :-)

2. I am a master composter, and used to teach composting at community workshops. I have a Recycled Outdoor Vermicomposting Reactor (ROVR) that I designed and made from (drum roll...) an old wooden dog house. Patent pending. (jk)

3. I was sad to find out that I was not the only one with a crush on Mike Rowe, the host of Discovery's great show, Dirty Jobs. Somehow it seemed more cute and geeky if I was the only one. Apparently he has quite a large fan club. Yes, #2 and #3 are related.

4. I used to have a mullet (a looooong time ago). Not just any mullet, a High Tech Mullet which featured a buzz cut on the top and sides (the hairdresser buzzed it guided by a hair pick that featured a level) and long frosted locks in back. I'm really glad the 80s are over.

5. In grade school art class I painted a psychedelic rendition of a cut onion which got rave reviews and went on the grade school art tour (or so they told me). I am now on a Qwest to find this piece of art, if it can be found in the family archives.

6. I drove an all electric car, a RAV-4 EV (electric vehicle) for 3 years and met lots of cool people who aDORE these cars and are trying to promote their use. They really do work, and (contrary to what the Oil-Fueled Press will tell you), they're easy to drive and to charge. It was a fabulous way to get around without going to the gas station...ever...except to fill the tires, and it cost about 1/4 of the cost of driving a gasoline car.

7. I have been infatuated with beads since I was a pre-teen. Honest to God, my friend Lori and I used to keep watch for the "telephone guy" in our neighborhood, and when he showed up in his van to fix some wiring someplace, we would hunt him down and beg him to give us some of that great, multicolored wire. We would make way cool rings and other fancy stuff with it. Now I am fulfilling my bead-desires by making lampwork beads and jewelry.

8. I once played a practical joke on my husband involving a banana slug and a toilet. My family has a practical joking tradition and we love to surprise people. Come to think of it, we played another one on my poor nephew, who was only about 5 at the time, with the rubber "Toilet Monster" from the Lilian Vernon catalog. Yikes! I think there's a trend! (how's THAT for Random??)

Now for the hard part - I have to tag 8 people. Here goes. I'm going to tag:

Patricia
Donna at Blackberry Beads
Kim Miles
Sarah Hornik
Lavender
StephanieK
Karolen at Beadabundant
Teresa Laliberte at Lavender Creek Glass

Wow, I guess I've got a lot of comments to leave now. Off I go...

3 comments:

Lavender said...

Hi Patty! Thank you for thinking of me for the meme - my goodness Ive got some great company in that list!
I like being tagged but Im such a chicken when it comes time to tag others - funny isnt it?

Your beads are lovely! And Im GREEN WITH ENVY at your time with Tink!!! :) Will let you know when I get my 8 random things up so you can have a sticky beak (peek) and enjoy a link back!

Have a great day, Cheers!

Lavender said...

Hi again, had some free time so Ive gone ahead and done it Hope you get a laugh...(I used to adore that multicoloured phone line wire too!!! I wonder if they still use it....hmmmm! LOL)

Bosphorus Glass said...

Hiii Patty,
It was so much fun to read the random facts about you.
I really would like to learn about that electric car you drove. I would love to get one for myself.

Take Care.
Ilknur

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails