Sunday, October 28, 2007

Life, As Usual

Have you seen any of Theo Jansen's amazing kinetic sculptures? A friend sent me this link to a recent talk Theo gave at the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference in Monterey. Science and art meshing comfortably together once again. This YouTube video features his work in a BMW commercial.

Today was spent recovering from too much travel, and catching up (or trying to) on chores. As always, my favorite power tool of accomplishment is my leaf blower. It's electric, so not as obnoxious and polluting as the gas-powered ones, but I'm semi-ashamed to admit that nothing gives me the same rush of accomplishment as the sight of gutters clearing and the sea of tree debris parting before my very eyes. Let the rain come.

The machine of creative progress is slowly turning as well, with ideas coming to life for my upcoming shows. The On and Off the Wall gallery show is coming up November 7-17 at the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center in Ben Lomond, CA. I'll also be at Bargetto Winery's Art in the Cellars on December 1 & 2 in Soquel, CA. If you're in the area, stop by the winery for a glass of their wonderful wine and a very festive shopping experience.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails