Tuesday, October 30, 2007

YES, I felt it!

Rock and roll! My third California quake experience was, um, HELLO - a bit frightening! A 5.6 - I think that's a personal best for me. I was home alone, standing at the kitchen counter, on the computer, just about ready to head out to my torch, when it started. Like a drunk's last memories of a night on the town, the bar moved under my arms, and my brain's Dizziness Generator kicked in. I found it hard to stand up without hanging onto something. Like the last one (a 5.something near Santa Cruz, when I was out having dinner with a friend), I just stood there with my jaw open, looking at the house surrounding me move like I was in some kind of RV on a Route 66 or something.

I looked at the nearest doorway, and wondered if I should go and stand under it. I guess I'm going to be one of those people who have to get hit on the head with plaster before they learn the drill. Before I could make a decision it came to an end, after only about 10 or 15 seconds. Whoah. As soon as it stopped I reached for my cell phone to make some calls, but the lines were all jammed already. I finally did get through to a friend in Milpitas, and left a voicemail saying that I hoped they were ok.

All for now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails