Sunday, March 9, 2008

Michael Barley Class and More

"Sahara Sunset" (SOLD).

"Passion Rising" focal (SOLD).

I've got news, news, and more news. First of all, check out Andrew Thornton's jewelry on his "Stringing for a Cure" post supporting breast cancer research. These are gorgeous pieces featured in Stringing Magazine, and proceeds are donated to the breast cancer cause.

Recently I was incredibly lucky to take a class from Michael Barley at Arrow Springs, on ways to enhance your individual style. It was amazing! We learned how to make cane using an optic mold, how to create and pull our own unique colors, Michael's "baleen" technique, encasing, and more. Here are some of my class beads. It was two intensive days of learning, and I'm completely fired up about what I learned. He is not only a talented artist and bead maker, but a skilled teacher who gave us lots of individual feedback. Thanks, Michael!


Yesterday I went to the opening reception for the "Metals in Motion" exhibit at the Oakland Museum, where the extremely talented members of the Monterey Bay Metal Arts Guild are showing some incredible work surrounding the theme of movement. If you like art jewelry, this is a must-see - it goes through April 20. My artist friend Joyce, also a physical therapist, is showing this piece there, entitled "NECKlace", featuring seven vertebrae hand sculpted from PMC, surrounded by tons of delicious carnelian beads. The 100+ pieces in this show will knock your socks off. Go.

Joyce's friend Lisa, modeling Joyce's piece "NECKlace".

I've Got New Beads! I'm listing some new focals on Etsy this weekend - check 'em out!

"The Royal Treatment" focal bead (SOLD).

Finally, I'm ecstatic to learn that one of my favorite TV shows from last year, So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), is returning to Fox on May 25 with a whole new set of contestants. Woo Hoo! Let the fun begin.

All for now - enjoy the fabulous weather (except you, Ohio - sorry).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails