Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Focals

I've been trying to find ways of squeezing more hours into the day, and have stolen some torch time this week. I've been trying to train myself to make more sets (I get really bored with this, but my jewelry sometimes demands it), and also practicing many of the things that Michael Barley taught us in his class recently. I still have some of the cane we pulled in class, so the hanabi were easy. Encasing a pressed lentil was another story, and I'm not happy with the way the edges look.

Retro Dots Focal Lentil Bead (SOLD).

This bead was inspired by a great Etsy artist's fabric work, a pillow of all things, called Funky Dots - SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS. The shop is called "Zillows", and the artist sells some wonderful, "zany pillows with personality". Check out her shop.

I'm delighted with this new bead below, Pandora's Gift - how about you? Heart this item if you are too! I mixed several delicate pink shades of glass, some silver, some violet, and there you have it - a shimmery focal with subtle rainbow effects, and I didn't even pick up the raku (LOL!).

Pandora's Gift (SOLD).

My destash listings last week in my Etsy shop were successful, and I unloaded some findings I wasn't using, plus a wigjig I never used. Now I have to get rid of the men's Figaro chains I accidentally bought - take a look and help me out! These are at a great price, if your man is itching to get himself into some heavy chain.

Sterling Silver Figaro Chain - 1 left in my Etsy Shop

Finally, I'm putting together some teaching proposals to hopefully add some classes to my schedule this year. If you're interested, please leave me a comment. It will be in the SF Bay area.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails