Friday, April 25, 2008

New Creations and Show in 1 Week

Just wanted to post a quick update as I frantically (it's always that way) enter the final preparation stage for my first show of the year, the Saratoga Rotary Club Art and Wine Show, Sunday May 4 at West Valley College.

Much as I try to force myself to complete long unfinished works, I'm drawn to my new pile of glass, and tempted to try new things. My pile of half-finished jewelry grows, but my adventuresome side is fed.

The first is a couple of simple beads (in my book, at least) using silvered ivory, khaos, and clear -it's an almost zen-like study in pastels. I'm particularly proud of the delicately shaped bicone, whose shape nears perfection, as do her ends. I'm getting better at adopting the pushing, paddle-shaping technique that Michael Barley taught us in the class in February.



The next is one similar to my Seaweed Salad focal, with interesting detail under a clear window, and lots of trailing with complex cane. Don't look for them in my Etsy shop any time soon, at least not until after my show.


Peace - enjoy the weekend. I need to get out into the sun.

3 comments:

manamoon said...

Patty, Your work is absolutely stunning! I love the depth and colors you use - the added textures are exquisite! (love the Obama badge too) ~Sharon

Patty said...

Sharon - Thanks so much. :-) I'm having too much fun.

I can't wait to learn more about the Art Bead Scene collaboration project, and would love to team with you on something. Let me know if you find out more about what we've got to do. Meanwhile, I gotta go set up a canopy!

Take care - Patty

manamoon said...

Hi Patty,

I'm so happy I saw your posting on ABS and thanks so much for adding me to your Flickr, your work is just breathtaking!

I'm looking forward to ABS as well. The collaborations I've worked on in the past have been private - through the individual artists contacting me and vise-versa. The way we've worked things is they send me 2 beads and I create 2 bracelets. I send one bracelet back to the artist and the other I keep. We're then able to use the bracelets to display both of our work. It's such fun! The added benefit to ABS is the exposure of course.

I honestly wish I'd found you about two weeks ago. I just finished a bracelet submission to Belle Armoire Jewelry for their Autumn publication, but I'm sure there will be more exciting ventures in the future.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

All the best ~ Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails