Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Show Update and Wild Things

Time is short so this won't be long, but I just wanted to report that I had a fabulous time (again) at the Bargetto Fine Arts Festival last weekend. Amazing weather, wonderful art, lots of friends and customers dropping by, and great neighbors. Thanks to all of my customers who made it by to see my new work and say "hi" - it's great to see you back. For my Etsy customers, if something you love has disappeared from my shop over the weekend, let me know and I can probably make one almost like it.

Now I'm busy with some custom orders, and should have some new Etsy listings in a few days. Collaborations and new ideas are also simmering on the back burner, soon to come to a full boil.

Have you been to Cyndie Smith's Etsy shop yet? She has listed the fantastic necklace she made with my focal bead. She says she will make me one (oh boy oh boy oh boy), but I have to choose a bead first.

Went for a walk on the trail yesterday with Bodie (our chocolate lab), and ran into a whole gaggle (?) of wild turkeys. One adult and a passle (?) of young birds. Not tiny, but smaller than the adult. Bodie went absolutely nuts - he's definitely got some hunting experience under his belt in his mysterious past before we adopted him. If anyone knows the correct term for a group of 12-15 turkeys, feel free to let me know. On a related note, I've been a little anxious walking the trail lately, as there has been some mountain lion activity here lately. A friend had two of her alpaca killed one night, and there was a report of a man a few miles away being attacked (but not hurt) by one. Sometimes we forget that we're not necessarily at the top of the food chain in this wild place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails