Thursday, November 20, 2008

Looking Forward

"Tortuga Verde" series focal bead, now in my Etsy shop. It's 100% for the sea turtles. Get yours now.

Well, this tutorial thing has been a great experience so far. I really enjoyed creating it and putting it out there, and I'm starting to get some good feedback.

It's been a while since I taught anything. The last time was when I was active with the county Master Composters group, and taught composting workshops out in the community. I really got excited about the material, and enjoyed the chance to help people find a personal, convenient way to recycle the organic material in their lives. Who'd have thought the subject of decomposition could get a person so animated?

That excitement has been rekindled in the creation of my first bead making tutorial. Finding an succinct way of communicating an idea is a challenge that I enjoy rising up to meet. Taking pictures with one free hand while melting glass is a different story - I'll have to work on that. But this tutorial has been a great first step toward my goal to get back to teaching. I would like to teach some in-person classes in 2009, and I guess I can kind of count this as my first. Sort of.

So, all you readers out there who make beads - what kind of tutorial would you like me to do next? I've listed some of the bead styles I make in the poll to the right, but feel free to add any others in a comment to this post. I've got some of my own ideas, but I'd like to hear what you think.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Patty - You'll be able to tell which I voted for!
I was looking around the other day when you first announced your BFB tutorial through your blog & instantly fell in love with your Tortuga Beads!

I just wish our rotten New Zealand doller was better & I put in a vote for 'all of the above' -lol!

Keep up the fabulous work & the absolutely awesome beads....I've always loved them!

rosebud101 said...

Patty, I hate to say this, but I voted for them all! Good luck with your next tut!

Patty said...

Thanks you guys! Vote as many times as you like - it's not like our country's future is at stake, LOL! OK, so far Tortuga is ahead by a hare (sorry...).

Patty said...

OMG,Mallory, it just occurred to me what you did to poor Spike!! Is he down with the festive holiday attire?? I know our dog would have a fit!! DH got him a neoprene hunting vest and he's walking around the house like someone from Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails