Saturday, November 15, 2008

BFB Tutorial

Wanna make this bead? Check out my very first tutorial, now in my Etsy shop.



I've wanted to teach beadmaking for some time now, and this is Step 1. I've been making beads for over 5 years, and wanted to share some of what I've learned over this time. This tutorial covers everything you need to know to make the bead shown above, and variations on this theme. It's aimed at the intermediate beadmaker, or a beginner who can handle a large-sized gather of glass on a mandrel.

It covers several preparatory steps - silvered commercial stringer (not the melted in kind), and raku twisties that PoP, and includes a number of tips including how to make a large pressed bead with puckered ends.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

The Little Bead Shop Studio Blog said...

OMG!! Patty, I havent even had time to check out the tutorial (in a hurry here) but I will come back and buy it for sure!! I have been admiring all your work (and envying your course with Kate) for a while :).

Emma

Patty said...

Hi Emma - your tutorial is on its way. Yeah, the class with Kate was amazing, and I would love to take one of her new ones in those exotic places she travels. Or even in Tucson, heck.

Have a great day!
Patty

Karolen said...

Congratulations, Patty!
I love the beads you're doing lately.

Little un-related side note here:
You mentioned decoupage for my tissue paper decorated slider boxes, and you mentioned that the decoupage is like a watered-down Elmer's glue...
Thanks! I now use, literally, watered-down Elmer's glue and paint it thinly on the tissue paper scraps. It works like a dream. Thank you so much for that tip!

Patty said...

Karolen, I'm glad the glue is working for you!

And thanks for the kind words. I seem to be on a creative roll lately. Must be the phase of the moon. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails