Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wonderful Class With Andrea

My first "moth wing" bead, made in Andrea's class.

I just wanted to share what a wonderful time I had in a bead making class this weekend at Arrow Springs with the talented and friendly Andrea Guarino. Wow. She was warm, profuse with information and helpful feedback, and my head is swimming with everything she taught us. We used glass powders, learned how to fume and make her fabulous "moth wing" bead, her off mandrel heart, the stargazer bead, the galaxy bead, salmon egg bead, and many more.

All in all, it was a mind-expanding, incredibly glassy weekend, and my neurons are a-buzzing with excitement. Can you believe the blues, lavenders and greens in the ivory? Holy crap!

Thanks, Andrea for a very memorable experience. It was a total pleasure meeting you, and I hope I get to take a class with you again sometime.

And thanks to Craig and Donna and the team at Arrow Springs for tending to our every need, as usual. It's always fun coming to your place, even if I did have to carry my wallet home on a stretcher.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Patty - that sounds just fabulous!
I so envy you the experience.
Hope you had some fun class mates & got to meet some fellow glassy peeps too.

Your Moth Wing bead is TDF - a spectacular job. :o)

Patty said...

Deb - it was fun all around, as is usually the case at Arrow Springs. As for the moth wing success - the glass does what it wants to do, right? Andrea was the instructor, and I was only a spectator in the process, really.

The Little Bead Shop Studio Blog said...

I'm so envious!! You go to classes with the most amazing artists!!! Beautiful bead!

Patty said...

LBS - I feel very fortunate to live so close to Arrow Springs, where they have a steady stream of master instructors all year long.

Jennifer Cameron said...

WOW! The reaction on that bead is INCREDIBLE! I took a class with Andrea earlier this year and it is definitely in the top 3 best classes I've taken. I would probably take it again if the opportunity arose.

Candi said...

Beautiful bead from your class.

formfireglassworks said...

Patty - what a great time, I'm sure! That bead looks great. I love taking really good classes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails