Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh. My. Gawd.

Fish Couscous with Onion T'faya

I've got some domestic momentum going (much to my husband's delight) and have another amazing recipe to share with you. It's even better than the last one. The October 2008 issue of Eating Well magazine had a piece entitled "Spice-Scented Morocco", and last night we tried the Fish Couscous with Onion T'faya recipe. It is to die for! The heady spice mixture is intoxicating, and includes saffron, salt, ginger, turmeric, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pepper. I think I'll make this up in volume to have around.

We have lots of fish in the freezer, and for this one we chose halibut, but it could have easily worked with another kind. I didn't have the whole wheat couscous around, but instead substituted a box of Near East roasted garlic couscous. It worked fine.

Here's the recipe on the Eating Well site. This issue has tons of great looking recipes, so I think January is going to be a good month for food!

4 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

That looks YUMMY!

Patty said...

It was truly amazing. The onions caramelize amidst the exotic mix of spices, and all that flavor surrounds the fish as it cooks in the chicken broth. Dang, I've made myself hungry!

Karolen said...

Ooh yummy, I've gotta try that!

Patty said...

I can't recommend it enough. Better than poi. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails