Monday, May 25, 2009

Tortuga Tutorial

"Playa Tortuga" bead, the subject of my next tutorial.

"Tortuga Hydrata".

"Tortuga Gorda".

It's been a long time in coming, but I'm hard at work on my next tutorial on my Tortuga beads. It will cover making a Tortuga style bead, plus several variations. This is happening in between providing CPR to my poor garden, mind you, cooking fabulous feasts consumed far too late at night, getting ready for summer shows, and custom bead orders, but nonetheless, it's progress. I'll take it however it comes.

The biggest hurdle standing between me and this tutorial (besides finding time) was an incredibly messy torching area. It's hard to believe that the last cleanup was as recently as last October. I'm on some kind of roll! Here's a photo from today's shoot.


Let's twist!

I hope to have it out before the week ends.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I think I love you! lol ...in a totally "(older) sisterly, 'cos you have just made my dreams come true sort of way!" of course!!!

I've been waiting silently - knowing that life is often more important.
To be honest Patty - if I had a garden worth having these days, or one even half way as fabulous as yours looks - I'd be putting that first too ;o)

Hugs & I can't wait, but am going to have to....
Deb

mairedodd said...

these beads are incredible... it takes just as creative and intelligent a mind to put together a tutorial - it's so awesome that you share what you have learned... hmm, yes, yardwork/gardening - did some of that this weekend... certainly is rewarding when it is done (ok, there is no such thing as done, but...)

Patty said...

Deb, I know you've been waiting, and I've been hoping to get to this for so long! As for the garden, next time I'll take pictures of The Dead Zone, so you'll see that all is not purty in paradise. :-)

And I'm hoping that you can help me identify this one blooming shrub, it's about 6' or more high now, and I think it's from New Zealand:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114354&id=547384691&comments=#/photo.php?pid=6881311&id=544450581

Any ideas?

Patty said...

Maire - thank you so much. It's hard to find time to do *all* the things we love, isn't it? I'm finding that a deliberate, a little here, a little there kind of approach is the best I can do. Kind of like that plate spinning thing, but not so frantic. That's how I'm currently keeping up with housework these days - it's just too daunting to do all at once.

Deb said...

Patty - figured it for you! This is wonderful - now I can garden vicariously as well ;o)

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

I love your beads Patty!

Marcy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails