Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ties That Bind: Supporting Ovarian Cancer Research

To view the full photo album of shots of the art doll, go here.

One year ago I signed up to participate in an art project to benefit Ovarian Cancer Research called The Ties That Bind. The goal was to create an art doll using decorated neckties and charms, and to raffle it off. I created a charm from a heart shaped lampwork bead I made, and waited.

The doll is now finished, stands about 4' tall, and the raffle is open. She is amazing, and covered from head to toe in heartfelt artistic statements from over 80 artists. She is being photographed by Stampington Press, who will be doing an article on the project. Please visit the blog here to see close up images of some of the charms and ties, and and make a donation for the raffle if you can. Tickets are $5 each, or 6 for $20.

3 comments:

Laurie Whitney - Mermaid Glass said...

Patty, thanks so much for supporting such a worthy cause. Ovarian cancer is such a stealthy, nearly silent killer and so much more research is needed. I lost one of my oldest friends to it 4 few years ago, when her daughter (my God-daughter) was only 15. I know she'd send her thanks to you. I'm going to visit the raffle site right now.

Go Magic!

Patty said...

Laurie, I'm sorry about your friend, and thanks for supporting the cause.

Kris Henderson said...

Thank you Patty for your help with this project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails