Friday, June 5, 2009

Tortuga, Baby!

Tortuga Baby small straight sided lentils, now in my Etsy shop.

Aren't they just the cutest things ever?

In my second tutorial on my Playa Tortuga design I admit that the design could probably be scaled down for a smaller bead, but that I had not tried it. Well, I've tried it, and I love it. For some reason the raku color is even more intense in this smaller bead. I'm sure it has something to do with heat. But what it does is just blowing me away.

Even though these are not necessarily focals at 7/8" (22.2mm) I'm offering these individually in my Etsy shop, and you can buy as many as you need for your project. Don't worry, I'm making more. Lots more.

3 comments:

mairedodd said...

gorgeous! gotta go and check etsy...

Deb said...

Ohhh Patty they are wonderful! Just beautiful in all of their miniature glory!

I have had my first crack at the Tortuga beads (didn't quite transpose as I imagined in my limited range of 96Coe glasses - lol!)- but then a last minute (& rather exciting) suggestion got in the way of my 'I want to try this' torch time.

I'm looking forward to playing, blogging & catching up on emails again after tomorrow.

Patty said...

Thanks Maire and Deb. Now I'm motivated to see how small I can actually go with this design...maybe micro tortugas? I'll need some stronger lenses...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails