Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in the Saddle, Again...(almost)


I am back from The Gathering in Miami, head spinning with fond memories and new ideas and opportunities, suitcase brimming with awesome beads from the bead swap, and a To Do list that is mind boggling. With paperwork at the top of the list, I'll soon be getting to some photos of my new work for my Etsy shop, housecleaning, loose end tying, and news sharing.

I met so many people in Miami that my head is spinning- people whose lampwork blows your mind, who are as nice as the day is long. There were so many who came by my table at the Bead Bazaar with very nice things to say about Cyndie Smith and my Mean Green Mother Earth piece in the Convergence exhibit. I am sad that Cyndie wasn't able to make it - she lost her beloved mother last week and had to cancel at the last minute, but her work was there and got great feedback. Everyone sends their love and support to Cyndie and her family during this difficult time.

You will hear much more from me about this, but I just want to say that anyone who is making lampwork beads should seriously be a member of the ISGB. It's an incredible bargain at $55, and the isgb.org web page covers just the tip of the iceberg on what you get for that price. While many of the benefits are fully realized by going to a conference (which can be expensive), you get just as much back as you spend, usually more. Possibly to come in the next year include virtual ways of attending the conferences, and more ways to get involved, learn and perfect your bead making skills, and interact with some of the best in this field. I encourage you to check it out and give it some serious thought.

Meanwhile, enjoy this video the ISGB put together with photos sent in from its members - it was very well done, and shown at various times throughout the conference.



I hope to figure out which way is up in the next day or two, and will be back with more news.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sounds as if you had a grand time Patty!
I love that video & watched it again just now.
The music & images are great, the one that tickles me is the the lady in the pool torching....now that would be my idea of perfect!
(I do even recognise a few of the people, but not her)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails