Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Christmas Around Here...

and I feel like the little kid under the Christmas tree. Almost. I get to unwrap all of these beautiful, heartfelt gifts to the Beads of Courage fundraiser coming up in about a week at Aanraku studios in San Mateo.

The donations for the Beads of Courage BeadInspired weekend are trickling in, and here is the latest crop. In the first image are some lovely earrings from Mary Jolley (also known as Dancing Frog Jewelry) and one of Laura Holm's stunning wire wrapped necklaces. Mary has been making glass beads for about 8 years and has several online venues, and today I learned that we share the same birthday.

If you haven't seen Laura Holm's work, check out her Etsy shop. I met Laura in person at a show in Sacramento (I was a shopper), and had so much fun talking to her about lampwork and jewelry and such, my mother in law had to practically drag me out of there. She's got tutorials and kits!


This cool stash of beads came from Susie Harper and Lena and I plan to get together today to make some fabulous jewelry pieces for the BOC event from these and other donated beads. I met Susie while attending the Kate Wolf Memorial Music Festival in Laytonville last year, and enjoyed talking to her in her booth about glassy addictions. She was very kind to agree to help us out with a donation this year. I would link to her website but unfortunately (please correct me if I'm wrong), she's not online yet. But look for her at shows around Northern California - her work is amazing.

The clock continues to tick down to our BeadInspired weekend, starting one week from tomorrow. Festivities begin at 10 am on Friday, September 18. Please come by for part or all of the weekend. I'll be participating in the torchathon on both days, which is going to be a lot of fun.

Stay tuned for more - donations are still coming in and I've got more to show you.

2 comments:

gaffergirls.com said...

good morn Patty...
could we donate some glass for you girls to make beads.. would love to be involved in some small way 0)
all our love
mona & the girls

Patty said...

Mona,

We would LOVE to play with some of your glass for BOC!! My mailing address should be in your files (your Kent office) since I've just ordered a couple of things in the last week...

What a kind offer! Thanks so much. :-)

Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails