Monday, September 28, 2009

To Err is Human, To Finish, Divine


Such a weight is being lifted off my shoulders as I prepare for the Sacramento Fine Arts Festival. I am trying harder to focus, and I am getting more done. My most satisfying accomplishments so far have been finishing pieces that have been on my design board for months. Unfortunately what usually happens is I look at them for eons in their unfinished state, and carry a bag of angst around with me because I have not completed them. Then, I'll finish them in a hurry just in time to sell them at a show, without proper pictures and some fondling time.

Well, you can bet I'm fondling them this week! Here is my favorite completion so far - it has been in the works for longer than I care to admit as I struggled with how to pull it together. It started with the cubed "safari on ice" beads, and the rest of it came together for me (with much struggling) this week. Thanks to Susan Sheehan for the idea of turning our silver birds nest beads into actual nests carrying pearl "eggs".

3 comments:

mairedodd said...

i hope you are feeling a bit better - your finger must really be throbbing... the work you are doing is beautiful... i recently had a time like you with the creating - it was like labor, the baby kind... i pushed & it almost hurt, but then it happened! conagrats - the designs are great... love the primitive series!

rosebud101 said...

Oh, my, that necklace looks wonderful!

Patty said...

Maire and Mallory - thank you so much! Yep, thumb hurts but I found a spot I can use for pushing wire without too much pain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails