Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Breath of Fresh, Warm Air

The big storm that blew through here earlier this week has left everything wet (although Smoky reports that the fire danger is still "Moderate", which I find interesting), and covered in debris, but the air is gentle, fresh and clean, and it feels like spring.

The fragrance from our ginormous ginger plant (tree?!?) blossoms is just heavenly, and makes me want to float one in the jacuzzi and have a soak while sipping a nice mimosa. But I think we're going to go on a hike instead.

I continue to be amazed by the iPhone camera (which took the photo above). 3 megapixels!

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Wow! The photo is amazing! We don't have flowers now.

belvedere beads said...

I have never seen a ginger tree! Do the blossoms smell like ginger?

Patty said...

Belvedere - it's actually a perennial, not a tree, and the blossoms smell like...Hawaii. :-) They just smell sweet and tropical like a lei.

JanelDudleyBeads said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails