Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chalcedony or Raku?

I had a chance to play with some Chalcedony the other day, and here are some of my first beads with it. Well, they're not all Chalcedony - one was made using Raku - let's see if you can figure out which one. It's not that hard for me to get color from Raku, it just takes a lot of effort. It seems that decent color can be had from Chalcedony without the same level of effort. In fact, I found the color in the Chalcedony blooming even as I was putting glass on the mandrel. I'm going to keep playing with this glass to see what it can do.

3 comments:

kelleysbeads said...

Gorgeous colors! Is the raku bead the square one with the black stripes on the left?

Patty said...

Hi Kelley - You are right. The squeezed bead with the twistie is the raku, on the left. How did you guess?

kelleysbeads said...

I haven't played with Chalcedony yet, but none of the beads looked like the reactions I have gotten with raku except your raku bead :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails