Wednesday, November 11, 2009

As the Bead Turns

Sorry for the radio silence, but it's been a week, for sure. We had a near tragedy with our young adult chocolate lab, who was hit by a car one evening. He's recovering quickly now, but for a while there it was dicey as he ruptured a lung and had unspecified lameness in addition to the horrible abrasions and cuts. We're very lucky to still have him with us. Fortunately he's a good patient and I'm a good doggie nurse, so between pain meds, antibiotics, ice and heat, we're on the mend. This was the final straw in a series of roaming episodes that have prompted us to take a hard look at our dog containment system. It will be changed. It was devastating to see him so hurt. There heavens are recalling a lot of furry friends lately, and my heart goes out to everyone who has lost their dear companions recently. It's so cold and quiet when they're gone, isn't it?


Come see me in booth # 603 at BABE this weekend in Oakland, CA!

Needless to say the accident put a little damper on my preparations for BABE this weekend, but I'm back on track and will be at the show in Oakland with all kinds of focal beads, new sets, jewelry and great affordable holiday gifts. I'm excited about this show as I've not done it before, and I'll be sharing a booth (#603) with my friend Joyce Chadderdon of Choyce Creations, who has delicious PMC, titanium and niobium, and sterling silver jewelry and components. We're going to have fun for sure.


So, if you're in the market for the fixin's for your holiday creations, or a little sumthin sumthin for yourself (I know you've been good), please stop by my booth at BABE and say hey.

6 comments:

Mermaid Glass said...

Oh, Patty, what a close call. I'm so glad to hear that your dog is going to be fine.

Have fun at BABE. Hope you have tons of sales and a great time, too!

Patty said...

Thank you, Laurie!

mairedodd said...

how awful and scary... so glad to hear the recovery should be complete... and no patient can get better without a great nurse ~ good job!
sigh, i will not be anywhere near the west coast, but will love to see the pics you post and hear how it went... the world feels so small up in the cloud, but reality strikes and i feel so far away when there is something to attend...

Patty said...

Maire, it was scary indeed. I am thankful and relieved that the trauma is over. Our sweet dog is the stoic type, and no doubt put up with a lot more pain than he let on. We have a lot of visits with cookies to make next week, as appreciation for those who cared so compassionately for him when he was hurting.

Thanks to my new iPhone I will do my best to keep my virtual friends informed about the show. I fear it has turned me into some kind of Amateur (capitalized for a reason) journalist.

It *is* a small world, and we are joined by our many connections both virtual and worldly, and I cherish ours.

rosebud101 said...

Patty, Glad to hear that puppy is on the mend again and glad that you are still on track for BABE! Have fun and best of luck with the show.

Andrew Thornton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails