Thursday, December 3, 2009

Would you like a little wine with that art?

Then Come on Down and get your holiday shopping done at Bargetto Winery this weekend! I guarantee if you're not in the mood when you arrive, you will be as soon as you enter the cellars. Yes, this wonderful event is actually held in Bargetto's cellars, among the wine barrels, and the ambiance will permeate all of your senses as soon as you step in the door. From the crisp air, the pungent smell of wine and evergreen, twinkling lights, greenery, and smiling artists around every corner, to the sound of holiday music - you will succumb to the festive mood and discover some great art along the way.

I have done this show for a few years now and have really enjoyed meeting all of the regular and new artists, and the patrons there can't be beat. The quality of work among this small group of artists is just incredible.

I will be there with tons of great gift pieces in the Under $50 category, lots of festive holiday earrings, new pieces from my Primitive Directions series, and of course, the Meanie Pendants. Oh yes, and much, much more. I've been busy making new things and can't wait to show them to you.

Speaking of wine, I had a fun, unique opportunity the other day to help a friend label some wine that she purchased from a local vintner. Not a small batch, mind you, but some 5 barrels worth of cabernet sauvignon. My friend got to use a Byington Winery's assembly line to process her wine. My job for just over an hour was to invert the cases of bottles so they were right side up, slide the foil cap on over the top of each bottle, and send them on their way to the machine that sucks them down tight. The next machine put the labels on, and then they were off to Candi and Lois to box back up. We must have processed several hundred cases in that time. I have to admit, it was rapid, mindless physical work and it was very satisfying.

My view down the line from the foil cap station.

Candi, Lois and Bob, packing up the last of the wine.

My heavenly view on the drive home. Monterey Bay was tucked in with fog that day.

If I get a chance I'll post some pictures tomorrow of some new work I'll be taking to the show.

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

what a GREAT setting for a show! i so wish i could be there... maybe when i visit my brother in san diego sometime i can coordinate it! would love to see what you have come up with... :0)

mairedodd said...

i am trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor - thank you so very much for the incredibly kind comment you left on my blog... i hope you know how inspired i am by you!

rosebud101 said...

What a great day, Patty! I have never done anything like that! It must have been inspiring.

Patty said...

Maire - I do, and it's mutual :-)

Mallory - yeah, the whole time I kept looking down at my sweater thinking I'd see a big cursive letter "L" on it (now THAT dates me, huh?).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails