Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bead Soup Blog Party is ON!!

Remember I told you a while back about the virtual Bead Soup party Lori Anderson was hosting? Shown above are the fantastic polymer clay beads I got from my soup partner Loretta Carstenson of Designs by Loretta. I just love the design, and the weighty feel of the focal heart is satisfying. I never thought that polymer clay could be so...meaty.

Here are the beads that Loretta sent me.

So, while I was partying it up, I mean conducting bead business in Tucson last week, my design ideas were simmering in the back of my mind. And they have finally come into fruition, and here is my finished piece with Loretta's soup ingredients.

And now, without further ado, here is the piece I made combining Loretta's fabulous polymer clay beads and some of my own elements. I call it "Ode to Joy".

"Ode to Joy", finished piece.

Loretta's fantastic polymer clay heart focal bead.



Here are links to all of the other great party participants' blogs - please visit them and see what they've made for the party!

1. Lori, Pretty Things and the link to the party is in my sidebar
2. Mallory, For the Love of Beads
3. Terri, Blooming Ideas...You Are Here
4. Cindy, Sweet Bead Studio
5. Lorelei, Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
6. Kerry, Kabs Creative Concepts
7. Erin, Treasures Found
8. Jeannette, Jeannette Blix Wire and Metal Jewelry
9. Adrienne, Adrienne Designs
10. Nan, Spirit Rattles
11. Laurel, Rue's Daftique
12. Nancy, Beading From the Heart
13. Mary, MK's Creative Musings
14. Cassie, The Glass Beadle
15. Dot, Winchell Clayworks
16. Sharon, Sharon's Jewelry Garden
17. Lisa, Lo and Behold
18. Norma, Bead Dreams and Moonlit Fantaseas
19. Judith, Judith B.
20. Debbie, Prairie Emporium
21. Maria, Garden Path Beads
22. Susan, Kaplan Creations Jewelry and Glass Design
23. Melissa, Melissa Meman: Art, Love, Life
24. Marianna, Pretty Shiny Things
25. Lisa, Joolz by Lisa
26. Cristi, 2 If By Sea
27. Sandra, Marbella Jewelry Design
28. Maria, Greene Earth Originals
29. Barbara, Jewelry of Distinction
30. Leslie, Bei Mondi
31. Loretta, Designs by Loretta
32. Linda, Bella Bead Jewelry
33. Kathie, The Bead Cult
34. Patty, Plays With Fire
35. Nicki, Nicki's Reef
36. Anne Marie, Heart's Desire
37. Mary, Mary Harding Jewelry
38. Jayne, Mama's Got to Doodle
39. Emanda, Artemesia's Studio
40. Whitney, Whitney Lassini
41. Marcie, La Bella Joya
42. Suzann, Beadphoria
43. Jen, Jen Judd Rocks
44. Julie, Credit River Art Glass
45. Janiece, J Birds Garden
46. Kate, Organic Odysseys
47. Laurie, The Mermaid Tale
48. Michelle, My Crazy Crafty Adventure
49. Sue, Sue Beads
50. Janeen, Janeen 365
51. Nancy, The Rabbit Muse
52. Kristie, Artisan Clay
53. Regina, Regina's Writings
54. Tari, Pearl and Pebble
55. Lyn, Lyn Foley
56. Beth, Sunshine Daydreamz
57. Cathryn, Chile Cats
58. Emma, Fred Bean's Nook
59. Connie, Cetta Cheese Chatter
60. Juli, Jul's Beads
61. Julie, RockerJewlz
62. Libby, LibbyLeu and Glass Too
63. Melanie, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
64. Katie, My Life and My Beads
65. Zuleykha, Zuleykha's Polymer Clay
66. Rekella, Me But a Little More in Depth
67. Ricki, What's New at Ricki Voges Design
68. Lisa, Lucid Moon Studio
69. Jo, Daisychain Jewellery
70. Lynette, Rock Hill Designs
71. Lynne, Island Girl's Insights
72. Chas, One Woman's Haven
73. Chas, One Woman's Haven
74. Ruthie, Rose Works Jewelry
75. Elizabeth, Turquoise Sky
76. Maire, Maire Dodd
77. Janet, Singing Woods
78. Eileen, Dorset Hill Beads
79. Julie, Miss Kitten's Jewels
80. Joann, Jo's Jewels
81. Patti, PJ Clark Designs
82. Mel, Kookie Designs
83. Erin, Every Heart Crafts
84. Dale, Flights of Fancy
85. Dee, Runako Designs

55 comments:

Rickie said...

Patty, what a wonderful delight your bead soup necklace is-whimsical and lovely! It puts a smile on my face.

Lisa said...

Hi Patty! Glad you made it home safe and sound. I love what you came up with...lots of happy vibes coming off of it.

Lorelei said...

Ohhh FUN! Perfect design with Valentine's Day just around the corner! I love the color palette! Nice necklace Patti!

Nancy said...

How fantastically cool this necklace is. I love how you took the black and white beads and jazzed them up with touches of red!!!

lisa oram said...

Awesome design! Did you make the J O Y beads? Great idea. I'm a glass gal, too, and still lots to learn. Enjoy your necklace!

Kella said...

You have done an absoloutley beautiful job with your polymer clay beads, I also had polymer to work with and in a very similar colour pallete but our designs are so different.

Heather Powers said...

love the playful quality of the design patty!

Fundametals.net said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love the colors too!
Jeanette Blix

Kate said...

Hi Patty, I'm stunned, what a wonderful way to use those beads! It is stunning! and so full of fun and Joy! I don't know how anyone could wear that and have a bad day, no way! I love how you combined your elements with her's I'd love to see someone do that with mine. Fabulous! and I am partial to loving zebras and black and white contrasts but still one of the best combos of those three I've ever seen!


Enjoy the Party!
Kate #46 OrganicOdysseys

Patty said...

Lisa - yes, I've just come off a very exciting, fun and happy week showing my work in Tucson, so I guess it just oozed into the necklace. Thanks for the kind words!

Patty said...

Lisa and Lorelei - yes, I did make the "JOY" beads, and think they went great with this theme. Thank you!

moonlitfantaseas said...

I love it ! its very up beat and funky!

Loretta said...

I was excited to see what you would come up with, Patty. Great job, what a fun necklace to wear!!!

JBird's Garden said...

Wow!!! I never saw that coming. Really beautiful!!!

Maria said...

Patty!
So creative and JOYful...Love it!
Maria

You are welcome to stop by for a cup of “Spring” soup on my blog.
http://www.mariagrimes.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Perfection! Brilliantly done. I love it! Love the colors everything about it! This is a great soup party!

Pretty Things said...

I. LOVE. THE. RED!!!! The red just really did make it! FANTASTIC!


Thanks for being a part of the party -- we'll do it again soon!

mairedodd said...

fabulous patty! i love how you combined the beads you received and your own ingredients! and i love the name!!

Nicki said...

Although I am not a person wearing a lot of colours, this piece is total joy to me. So so beautiful, great job.

Pearl and Pebble said...

I LOVE THIS NECKLACE!!!!!!!!

Cathryn said...

When I first saw the beads, I was like, "Ooooooooooo black and white--Dramatic!" I love that combination. Then I saw what you did and I was blown completely away! The red and the funky heart took the piece in a new but GRAND direction! Like what you did!

bellajoya said...

This is gorgeous! Have you thought about entering it in the Hearts category of Bead Star? I think it would be a perfect fit. Congrats on such a cool design.

lomaprietapottery said...

Terrific and creative! Looks like you had a lot of fun doing this!

Mermaid Glass said...

What a 'joy'ful design! I love how fun and funky this turned out. I swear, I don't know how you find the time to get everything done and done so well.

Kerry said...

WOW!! That is wild!!

Thanks for the cup of soup!

Mel P said...

Ooooo Patty this is scrummy, I LOVE it xxx

Patty said...

Thank you, Ladies! It's a bit outside of my normal style, as well as my comfort zone, but it was fun. Obviously I'm inspired by Kerry Bogert's and others' work who create such fun mixes of elements.

Lovin' the party so far!

Boot ~C said...

oh I love the redwire heart you used to balance your polymer heart

Islandgirl said...

That's a really fun piece... Love the Zebra heart!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

That's lovely - and you just made me crave chocolate covered cherries :P

Spirited Earth said...

what a whimsical necklace..perfect of valentine's

Libby Leuchtman said...

Patty what a great necklace. You did a great job.

Round Rabbit said...

This IS a joyful piece! What fun! :)

Erin said...

What a fun design! It is joyful indeed!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I love how your use of red really brought the piece alive. great use of color.

Janet said...

This pc is so Vibrant!!! Wow with the right dress what a statement!!

*melanie* earthenwood studio said...

Cool necklace! I love the addition of red and the neat wire pieces! Thanks for sharing!

EmandaJ said...

Looks o yummy nI could eat this! Sometimes you just have listen to the beads!

Hasn't this been fun?!?

Emanda
www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Wow, your piece really has pizazz. Wonderful design and concept!

Julie Nordine . Credit.River.Art.Glass said...

Oh Patty... this is so incredibly creative, I just love it. I was in awe of the pieces you received & you turned them into such a fun & "joy"ful piece. Well done!! :o)

Maria said...

Wow, that's a most unique design, and the colors are really cool!

TesoriTrovati said...

Hi Patty! That is an excited and spicy pot of soup you made! I love the unexpected pattern on that heart. Makes me think of "Jungle Love"!
Thanks for sharing this heaping serving of great soup! Be sure to stop by and taste some of mine. Enjoy the day! Erin

Dee said...

Patty, what a fun fun piece!! I love the colors, I love the clay beads you received from Loretta and the finished design is striking!! wonderful job!

Julianna Cannon said...

Too funky cool! Love it~

Jenny J-V said...

That's so cool! I love the combination of beads...especially the black & whites!

SharonP said...

This is just gorgeous, I love the colors and the playfulness of your necklace! Beautiful!

Marbella Jewelry Designs said...

That is one hip and happenin' necklace, very cool!

Lyn Foley said...

Really great necklace. You did a great job accenting the polymer beads.Fun!

Michelle Mach said...

What fun! I love the striped heart focal and the color palette. Just in time for Valentine's Day!

Patti said...

Fun and eclectic!

Jo said...

Gorgeous! The addition of red really make the design 'pop'

wildvanilla said...

My eyes are starting to cross, but I could swear that I've seen those beads before. Maybe I saw them at your partner. Beautiful design! Great work!!

Regina said...

Looking at the beads you received, I was expecting to see animal kingdom, but instead I was blown away, what joy! I know that necklace will bring you lot of joy!

Patty said...

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, Ladies! It's been a fun party and the designs everyone is making from their soup mixes are just incredible. :-)

Cindy said...

Patty, this necklace is truly wondeful! It's whimisical and artsy and FUN....and one of my favorites of all times from the Bead Soup Party! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails