Monday, January 4, 2010

Countdown to Tucson

February 3-7
Kino Veterans Memorial
Community Center

2805 E Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ


The torch is a'blazin' around here!

Four weeks from today Cyndie Smith and I will start our drive to Tucson, to exhibit our work at the Best Bead Show from February 3-7. I've done 3 day shows before, but never a 5 day show so it's a bit daunting to me. We'll need lots of inventory for this show, and for me that means both beads and finished jewelry. So, for the past several weeks, I've been making lists and checking them twice (not just for Christmas gifts!), and hitting the torch hard. Right now I'm easing off the focals and making sets and earring pairs, and soon I'll switch gears to jewelry.

Coincidentally, the entries for the Convergence II exhibit are due shortly after the Tucson shows, so we're working on that at the same time. I'm not sayin' what we're doing, but this year's challenge is to make a piece of jewelry that a real or fictional historical figure would have worn. We're having fun sharing ideas back and forth, and seeking inspiration from every nook and cranny of the intertubes.

OK, gotta get back to it. I'll try not to disappear for too long between now and the end of the month.

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Good luck in Tuscon!

Lorri Scott said...

Hey Patti, My word you ARE busy!! Good luck with the big show and let me know how that 5 day show goes. I decided against doing one because I was overwhelmed with the amount of inventory I'd need!

Patty said...

Thanks, Mallory and Lorri! It'll be fun no matter what. I do love a road trip. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails