Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a Big Day!

New focal for Tucson.

It's finally here. Today I get to meet my internet buddy Cyndie for the first time. She's flying out here so that we can make the drive to Tucson for the Best Bead Show together. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Our work in progress we call a home has been scrubbed within an inch of its life and there are beads everywhere. At least there's not a toilet on the front porch any more - it was installed the other day. I'm sure that would have raised an eyebrow. We've been emailing and "convoing" (Etsy's email) each other on a near daily basis for at least a year and a half, and once the end of February arrives we will have created two exhibition jewelry pieces together, but we've not yet met in person. Will we recognize each other, or will we have to resort to that awkward, "text me with what you're wearing" business?

Anyway, after a quick downpour yesterday followed by the most incredible full moon ever, the weather looks to be cooperating with our plans (not that it would make much difference to this determined team). I'm sure it won't be warm enough for Cyndie, who's coming from Florida, but if the sun's out it will be an improvement. We'll have some getting acquainted when she arrives, dinner at one of my favorite local wine bars, and then final prep and dry runs tomorrow before we shove off on Monday.

I'll definitely be posting updates and show and party photos on Facebook (friend me to the right here). It's gonna be an exhausting blast!

For now, I'll leave you with one of my latest new sets:

6 comments:

mairedodd said...

absolutely gorgeous beads patty! it is always so incredible to see what you create... such beauty ~

gaffergirls.com said...

we can't wait either ..
soon mona & the girls

gaffergirls.com said...

we can't wait either ..
soon mona & the girlsenityp

All Wired Up TOO said...

I hope you have the BEST time ever!

xx
Dee

rosebud101 said...

Great beads

Mountaindreamers said...

sounds like a wonderful trip , have lots of fun !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails