Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh! I almost forgot!


Another fun thing swimming around in my head these days is Lori Anderson's Bead Soup party. She has paired everyone up (and it's a real party with 84 of us attending!), and I have the pleasure of swapping bead sets with Loretta Carstensen of Designs by Loretta. She's a polymer clay artist with a great blog, and I can't wait to see what she sends.

Polymer clay scares me because I think if I were to try it I would slip into a bottomless rabbit hole of creative delights, and might not get back to melting glass. So, for now it's on my "someday I'm definitely trying this!" list. The parallels to the glass world are intriguing (e.g. millefiori cane), and I know I would love it.

Meanwhile, I'm sifting through my ever-increasing stash of beads looking for the perfect focal to send Loretta, and plan to make a special PMC clasp for her in the next day or two. Then it's back to my findings for some accent beads, and I'll send it off to her. We're supposed to send off our Bead Soup mixes to our partners by January 18th, and will post our creations by February 10th. It's going to be interesting with my Tucson Show in the mix, but I'll get 'er done.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

It seems that we are all very lucky with our partners!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails