Sunday, March 14, 2010

How to take better jewelry and bead pictures

Well, you can read your camera manual (I have, for what little that's worth), practice-practice-practice, Google it, or you can take a class. I'm going to do the latter, with Kate McKinnon and Kyle Cassidy next weekend in San Diego. The thing I like about this class is that Kyle is going to teach us to work with the equipment we have, not the expensive stuff we should buy. So, me and my little Pentax Optio are zipping down there to soak it all up, and hopefully entertain you with better bead and jewelry shots in the future. I caught the Blog Radio interview Jay Whaley did with Kyle last week, and it was really interesting - I can't wait to meet him.

Last I heard, there are still openings in the class, so check it out.

Meanwhile, the rain has done some wonderful work in the garden this winter.

5 comments:

Jenny J-V said...

That picture is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing the link!

Patty said...

Thank you, Jenn! There is an amazing world lurking just the other side of the macro lens.

kate mckinnon said...

I'm so excited about this weekend I could just pass out.

Patty said...

Me too! I just hope I don't pass out from trying to get my tax accounting done first.

mairedodd said...

that sounds like so much fun! i have started to carry my camera with me everywhere... while i have always tried to be mindful of the wonders that are present everywhere, having my camera makes me focus upon them more...
but as for shooting jewelry - i need to do what you are doing... cannot wait to see what you do with the info you get...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails