Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful to live near the Pacific Ocean, where I never fail to find inspiration and rejeuvenation. Here are some treasures recently found.

I find the heaps of flotsam that the ocean has left behind on the beach to be some of the most visually interesting things in nature, and often full of life and death. Fortunately this one had little evidence of humans and their trash.

The dark piece above looks like some kind of large fish vertebrae, and check out that big molar on the bottom!

2 comments:

Jenny J-V said...

A huge tooth!!! haaaaaaa I had to look twice! What I wouldn't give for a walk on the beach right about now...ahhhhh.

Patty said...

Jenn - yeah, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where it came from. Maybe a sea lion? I should ask someone with a marine biology background about both of those things, I guess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails