Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Fog is Back!

The mini heat wave is over and we've returned to our typical summer weather pattern here in the coastal mountains of Northern California. Pleasant temps during the day, and a cooling marine layer invasion overnight. A visual gift greets me when I walk outside in my robe, enjoying my coffee.


I wish the camera had captured the swirling droplets of water as they fell from the fir trees. This time of year it's often "raining" underneath the trees, and nowhere else. It's nature's way of feeding the big trees along the coast.

This has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I think I'll get my hands dirty in the garden today.

1 comment:

Mermaid Glass said...

Oh, that last picture with the trees is just gorgeous! (Plus it looks very misty and cool which would be heaven right now.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails