Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An Enormous Sigh of Relief

I just had the best phone call from my surgeon, and they found nothing of concern in my biopsy! No cancer for sure, and not even any more atypical cells. I've been so on edge waiting for this call, and can finally breathe deeply again. I had been doing way more internet research than was probably advised on all of the possible outcomes, and this was the best of any I could have hoped for. Skipetty Doo Dah!

But that's no excuse for you to forget, postpone, or otherwise avoid having your mammogram once a year. Suck it up and do it, as it could save your life when you didn't even know it was in danger.

10 comments:

Francy said...

that is such wonderful news. so very happy for your super good out come.

rosebud101 said...

Congratulations, Patty! I'm sure you feel relieved now. Just go out there and make some meanies, and I'll see you at the Gathering. Save me a meanie! I want to buy one!

Patty said...

Thank you, Francy!

Mallory, thank you too, and I'm thrilled to hear that you're going to the Gathering! It will be fun to meet you in person. :-)

Sue Doran said...

Fantastic, how wonderful and what a relief for you.

Deb said...

Patty - I am so thrilled to read that your results were not just 'good', but great!
There is nothing quite like the "all clear"!!
I managed to get online the other night & read your post about wanting to be sedated & then my computer had a cyber fart, before I could say that I was thinking of you.

Patty said...

Deb, thank you so much for thinking of me. I just want to reach out and hug all of the wonderful people who have shared my mental burden and sent good mojo my way. I'm hearing from a lot of women who have also been through this, so I've affirmed my decision to share. We *have* to make sure that women are informed, and do what they can to diagnose problems early, and mammograms (or MRI, or ultrasound) is one of the best ways to do this.

(((((HUGS))))) to all of you - you are wonderful.

Snowcatcher said...

Totally awesome news! I breathed that sigh of relief with you!

I go for my check-up today... ugh. But I know it's gotta be done...

Patty said...

Snowcatcher - Good luck, and good on you for going to the Dr. :-)

Mermaid Glass said...

Congrats!!!!
Isn't that the best feeling in the world? The absolute relief, the big weight lifted, the ability to think, create and just get on with things again....

Softflexgirl said...

Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails