Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Summer!

It's finally here to stay, and we're finally doing Summer Things.

Picking raspberries with friends.

Making lots of spicy beads for The ISGB Gathering.

Bicycling on the amazing Pacific Coast (and forgetting my camera).

Cooking everything we can on the grill.

Enjoying the beauty and the bounty of the garden.

Messin' around in the kayak.

Who knew that our dog was such a...yachtsman? I need to figure out how to teach him to paddle. Oh wait, he already knows how. Fortunately this little jaunt ended well, and he managed to exit the boat without flipping it. Small miracle, that.

The wild plums and blackberries will soon be ripe, and I hope to preserve their essence somehow, maybe in salsa.

Cyndie and I are making lots of great things to take to the bead bazaar at the Gathering. You should see her latest cuffs!

Blackened Sterling Cuff, by Cyndie Smith.

If you're in the Rochester, New York area, you just have to come. At least to the bazaar on Saturday, July 31, where your eyes will glaze over (with delight) at all of the delicious handmade beads. And if you're a glass bead maker, the conference is jam packed with great presentations and social events, and you'll get to meet all kinds of wonderful beaders and glass melters. I hope to see you there! I'll be bringing tons of beads. Well, maybe not tons, but as much as the airlines will let me.

I'll have more of a preview of my offerings soon.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Patty,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like you have been enjoying your summer...how wonderful to have such a great kayaking companion.
Your beads are FABULOUS! Good luck at your show.

Snowcatcher said...

Wish I could go to the show!

You'd better start taking that camera with you on the bike! I want to see what you see!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails