Saturday, August 28, 2010

Eight (count em!), EIGHT new listings in my Etsy shop

An Ethereal Orb, in lavender. You would even say..it glows.

From spacers to focals, I've got it all covered. Since the Gathering in July I've not had much time to melt glass, with vacations, family time, and other tasks, but I've finally found time to get some of my latest inventory listed. You've seen some of them in my pre-show teaser posts before, but unless you've been following me around to various bead shows you've not had a chance yet to purchase them. Now is your chance before I gobble them up to make my own jewelry creations, or take them to BABE in November.

Here are a few I'm particularly fond of:

A new Wild Ones set. I can't seem to keep these in stock, and for now I'm going to stop stealing them for my own creations. These sets are are very popular in the Etsy treasuries these days, as are all things animal print. You can see all of the great treasuries made by my ROCKIN' Team Treasury International team mates and other Etsy friends by clicking here - it will take you to those that have featured my items. I am blown away and super grateful that I'm in 314 treasuries so far since Treasury East began.

Grey Blue Ethereal Orb. All of my Orbs are etched. They're so velvety, and with a hint of shimmer. The colors in these are one of a kind, and achieved by layering several transparent shades over each other.

Lime Green and Raku Gravity Bead, now in my Etsy Shop. The incredible color of this raku must be beheld to be believed. It's some of the most amazing I've seen yet.

Another Orb in Ethereal Earth Tones. Another semi translucent bead in layers of color.

I'm getting excited about the Sacramento Arts Festival in October! If you haven't been, you totally need to go. The caliber and quantity of art in this convention center show just blew my mind, and it was a 3 day party with food and music all throughout. I had a blast there last year, but worked my poor feet to death over the 3 days of the show. They get some crowds in there! Here's a shot of one of my dear customers - she was so pleased to select just the right amulet for her chain, and I think it looks fantastic on her. I just love making people happy with their new jewelry.

As usual I'm scheming new ways to improve my booth, and make setup and operation more efficient. I always make notes during my shows about things that aren't working (e.g. the bed risers under my table legs on the uneven ground at an outdoor show), or that I'd like to change for the next time. I think I have a fairly simple plan that I can execute before the show, and I'll tell you all about it soon.

OK, my fingers are tired after all of the photo taking, editing, and listing, and I'm going to go relax. Hope your weekend is stellar!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Fabulous new listings Patty! You are an inspiration, now all I need is the motivation...my muse isn't hiding in your studio by any chance, is she?

Your customer looks thrilled with her purchase :)

Hope you have a great time at the festival, be sure to take loads of photo's please ...... (can you hear the whine in my voice??)

mairedodd said...

as the one who seems to have the best set up EVER i am intrigued... you are so incredibly talented at that part of your shows (i am envious)... and who wouldn't love a piece of yours to wear as a talisman? she wears it wonderfully...
and i have to tell you that i really love the etching - it is beautiful...

Patty said...

Deb, I'll check out in the studio and let you know if I see her. I suspect she's closer than you think. I will indeed take lots of photos as usual. :-) Wish you could be there.

Patty said...

MJ - thank you. By living with my setup through multiple shows I find that some aspects work well and some don't. For example, I used to hang framed (with glass and metal frames) images of some of my work on the back 2 walls of my canopy, but they're heavy and fussy to transport. After dropping and breaking one last year I've decided that having my images printed onto vinyl banners might be a better way to go. No frames, and much lighter and easier to carry.

I'll write more about the rest of the changes soon...

Snowcatcher said...

Lotsa hard work! I think I like the Wild Ones set best. You do such beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails