Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

Beautiful Watsonville, as seen from the site of a fantastic Labor Day barbeque.

Before the sun gets too low in the sky, please enjoy some images from the last few weeks' worth of late summer fun. These are memories I want to savor.

We enjoyed a bumper crop of beans and cucumbers this year. Let's not talk about tomatoes.


Hiking in the Cascades was an invigorating treat for my soul and eyes.


Float fishing the Methow River for cutthroat trout was awesome.

On the top of my list for adorable couple (and party hosts supreme) of the year.

Mom and me.

AT & T Park in San Francisco, where you can sometimes get cellular service on your AT&T iPhone, and the Giants will sometimes hit back to back home runs and beat the Cubs, and you'll always have an incredible view and fabulous time.

5 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

Great shots, especially the beans and the wildflowers. But I had to giggle at your AT&T commentary because I had Qwest for years and couldn't ever get signal in the Qwest building. Go figure!

Pretty Things said...

Uh oh. Let's not talk about tomatoes because you had none, or too many?

My very first garden, I planted 48 tomato plants. No one bothered to tell me how prolific those darned things would be! It got to where the neighbors would hide when I'd come ringing their doorbells with huge bags of free tomatoes!

Patty said...

Lori, I don't want to talk about tomatoes because every one of the 6 organic heirloom tomatoes we planted got a blight and failed to produce or even live. We have nothing to show for our efforts, and it's awful. We planted them according to a local tomato expert's recommendations (e.g. a fish head in each hole, etc.), in different locations and methods (e.g. some in the ground, some in pots), and they're all gone.

I would give you a big hug if you showed up at my door with a bag of homegrown tomatoes right now!

kate mckinnon said...

Your mom is so cute!

(I braved your word verification code to say that, so you KNOW I really wanted to say it.)

(three tries to log in so far..)

rosebud101 said...

Now that looks like a great time! You look just like your Mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails