Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hey, Guess What?

The other day I promised that I had some news to share. Well, the news is that I've just joined a wonderful group of women who love to make jewelry with handmade components, and it's called "Love My Art Jewelry". I'm flattered to be in the company of one of my favorite jewelry artists and bloggers, Maire Dodd, along with Kelli Pope, Maryann Carroll, Shannon Levart (MissFickleMedia), Leann Weih, and Barbara Lewis (Painting With Fire), and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better and contributing to an active community of creators. Each of us works with different media, so I'm happy about the possibility of some cross fertilization of ideas.

Visit our website here, and the blog is here. I've already submitted my first post, and will be posting regularly there, in addition to participating in regular giveaways. My first post is an introduction of sorts that tells the story of how I happened to become infatuated with hot glass. It's more than I've probably shared on my own blog about this topic, including a photo of the very first beads I ever made.

Anyway, that's one bit of news. I do want to share some pictures and stories about some wonderful components I recently made using new materials (for me), probably in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Congratulations Patty :) How exciting for you.

I look forward to seeing everyone's work & reading you all have to say. I love to hear what inspires people & discovering more about what makes them do what they do.

Funnily enough I had just discovered MissFickleMedia last week on Etsy!! Now I have even more to explore :)

Mermaid Glass said...

What a fun and exciting new venture! I'm going over to check out the new blog right now.

TesoriTrovati said...

Super exciting, Patty! I love Love My Art Jewelry. So great that they invited you to play too.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails