Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Splendor in the Grass

Fall River

Where to start? I'm entering smoother water for a while now, after an extreme bout of traveling and communing with nature, and no beads or jewelry. But that's soon to change. Look for a big announcement from me in a day or two - I've got wonderful news to share, plus lots of work in progress images to share. I've been playing with metal more than glass lately, and have some fun stuff to show you.

Oh yeah, even with the lower resolution photos I've been using I'm close to maxing out my Blogger quota, so in this post I'm just using links to some photos on my Flickr site. I think you should be able to see them in a larger size by clicking on the images. Let me know if there are any problems.

Meanwhile, enjoy some of the sights I've enjoyed the past several weeks since my show in Sacramento. Lots of sleeping on the ground and keeping warm by a fire at night, and incredible fall beauty everywhere we looked. My birthday was rather a birth week, and I had fun with friends from all over the place at two different weekend gatherings - it was restful and beautiful and my nature tank is full.

Fall Foliage


Fall River in the Mist


Bow Wow

OK, I'll just warn you now that I go a little crazy with the kelp. I just find it incredibly detailed and fascinating, and could honestly spend the day on my belly on the beach with my camera capturing all of the great color and textures. If you're into kelp too, there are more shots on my Flickr site.

More Roots

Kelp

Abalone divers

Near Ocean Cove

I could show you some shots of all the great stuff my better half harvested on these trips, but I'll save that for another time. Let's just say that we've eaten well, and no Food Inc. companies profited.

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

beautiful post... i would love to do some sleeping on the ground and keeping warm by the fire at night... sounds wonderful...
looking forward to seeing the metal work - look forward to seeing anything that you are working in!

kate mckinnon said...

FABULOUS!! The Flickr images are more beautiful, anyway. It's perfect the way you are doing it now.

I can't wait to look at all of your shots.

Snowcatcher said...

Welcome home! Happy belated birthday! I'm not sure I knew you were such a great photographer!

The only camping I got to do this year was during Ride the Rockies, and I'm so bummed about that! Ah well, maybe we'll get to thaw the winter camping equipment...

Patty said...

Mary Jane - you should know that you were on my mind the entire time I was hammering, soldering, and otherwise fumbling my way around a rather foreign material. :-). You inspire me!

Patty said...

Kate and Deb - the pix are just ok, but the subject (californias incredible beauty) shines through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails