Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Amethyst and Amber Necklace

Amethyst and Amber Necklace

My heart is weak for these colors, I'm afraid. This latest piece has a hint of seasonal inspiration (the tree in front of our house is positively ablaze right now in golden color), and the best kind of sparkle there is: purple.

I started with a transparent amethyst focal that was wrapped in vibrant silver glass and swirled with magnifying clear, and picked one of my favorite new ribbed and encased beads. I just love the subtle mystery that the etching gives to the treasure within. Echoing this shape and hue is a great light amber colored cut glass bead, some ametrine for spiritual cleansing (amethyst and citrine), fossilized coral and African yellow opal (for fellow Librans with birthdays this glorious time of year).

Amethyst and Amber Necklace

Etched purple spacers are a nice contrast to the shiny focal bead, and the antiqued brass chain pulls it together nicely. Available in my Etsy shop.

5 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

That's a beautiful necklace and the other components show off your work wonderfully. Those colors work so well together.
xoxo Kim

Snowcatcher said...

The colors are stunning together. I enjoyed that you were echoing the colors of your leaves, too!

rosebud101 said...

Beautiful, Patty! Wow!

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

so gorgeous. love the whole thing.

Patty said...

Thank you all for the kind comments! I'm having fun with this. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails