Friday, November 12, 2010

Something for me...

New buttons

It's almost never that I make beads for myself, although I will admit to adopting some pieces that have lingered in my shop just long enough to capture my affection. But the other day I did just that, and also addressed a task that's been nagging at me every time I've sat down to make beads.

Last fall (two falls ago? where does the time go?) I snagged a bargain sweater in a lovely dark grey and great knitted stitches at Marshall's for only $15, but it was missing two buttons. The remaining buttons were large, and I thought I'd just replace the two that were missing with some nifty glass buttons. Tick tock, tick tock, and no sweater buttons came out of my kiln for at least a year.

Fast forward to Sunday, when I deliberately put that sweater right next to me at the torch as a reminder. I got 'er done, as they say, and here are the results. I'm thinking I'll probably make 3 more and replace all of the original buttons. What do you think?

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

replace all buttons - yours are awesome...

NuminosityBeads said...

Sweet! Somehow I think we'll be seeing lots of buttons here once you get going on this. You just needed to break through the block.
xoxo Kim

Patty said...

Thank you ladies! You might be right - I may just be making more of these, Kim. Now that the pressure to make something specific is removed, I may just have to play around with a few for fun, with no restrictions on color and such.

Patty said...

P.S. Kim, your blog is delightful!

Pretty Things said...

Oh yes, by all means, change them all out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails