Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Tucson sneak peak

January 2011 New Beads

I've been madly pursuing (well, I'm not mad, but very excited!) a design tangent from my marbled series of beads using raku or chalcedony twisties and intense heating and marvering. I'm adding silver and reactive colors and getting some fantastic results. Don't these images look positively...reptilian? I'm not sure if they remind me more of animals or some kind of plant life, but I'm deep in this concept now, exploring many variations. I'll have pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

I bet they looked positively wild when they were glowing in the torch. These really are exciting. Maybe I'll get to see them live in Tucson.

xoxo Kim

kate mckinnon said...

LOVE the underbelly!

Snowcatcher said...

Very reptilian! I thought you had a turtle belly for a moment!

I may just have to make a trip to Tucson. The cycling's better there this time of year... ha ha!

Kristi Bowman said...

Those are way way cool, I would love to have some of those to play with!!

Manuela said...

Love that wild look - really reptilian ... snake? turtle? something between.
Pretty much fun to do these beads, looking forward to see what you come with.

♥ Manuela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails