Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Best Bead Show...See You Next Week!

January 2011 Beads

I finally seem to have survived the unspecified bug that had me down or at least operating at half speed for a couple of weeks. You know you're sick when melting glass is more of a chore than a pleasure.

My bead trays are rapidly filling up, and in case you missed it, I've leaked some of my new work to my Etsy shop. Perfect for the desert, this new reptilian theme has captivated me. It started as I was ruminating (yes, I'm one of those people) on the concept of normal and abnormal human tissue cells viewed under the microscope, and it has taken me on this intriguing, related tangent. Scales seem to have a lot in common with cells, it appears.

I've threatened to call this new series, "My friend Shirley likes snakes, but me, not so much". Talented bead and felt maker Shirley Cook and her husband keep a number of reptiles in their home, and while I can make beads that may resemble those creatures, I have no desire to get up close and personal with the real thing.

Annnnny way, if you're anywhere near Tucson (and I do mean within a couple of hundred miles) you should head on over to the Best Bead Show and take a gander at all the beady goodness, or consider taking a class. I'm bringing lots of focals, sets, and most of my jewelry. To see who's exhibiting this year click here. I'll be in the same spot as last year, Tent 2, next to Kevin O'Grady.

5 comments:

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Loving this new series of beads you've been making. Glad you are feeling better! Good luck in Tuscon. One of these years I'll get down there for this.

Patty said...

Thank you, Pam. I thought you were going to bring your son down for some beaducation? There's a lot of learning to be had in the desert. :-)

NuminosityBeads said...

I do plan on stopping by to say hi and get a gander at some of these beauties in person.

xoxo Kim

Barbara Lewis said...

Patty, This is amazing! My son and husband just had this cold virus that brings with it lots of aches and pains ... actually my husband is still recovering from it. I hope I don't get it ... I can't even imagine flying and trying to set up and teaching feeling like my husband does tonight. I'm praying!

Patty said...

Yay Kim! See you there.

Barbara, I highly recommend Zicam as a preventive treatment. I missed my opportunity on this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails