Friday, January 28, 2011

T-Minus 2 days and Counting...

to liftoff on Operation Tucson. Team Estrogen is departing on Monday in the wee hours, loaded to the gills with lampwork beads, jewelry, boro vessels and sculpture (my friend Polly is going with me). I'm also thrilled that my lithe friend Heidi is coming too, not just in the event we get locked out of the truck, but because she's just so darned much fun to hang out with.

My bead trays are filling up fast, as is my earring display, and my stock of amulet slides like this one.

I've also been playing a bit with copper etching and patina...maybe I'll incorporate some of this into my charms for the Lampwork Etc. Charm Exchange.

Playing with copper

I'm so excited about this trip. We're going to stay with Terry and Barnes who used to live near us in California, but have since moved back to Tucson. I hear the javelinas visit their fenced in back yard and I can't wait to see one for myself. We'll have a little time to goof off, and the weather looks like it will be fabulous.

OK, all for now - some beads are calling my name, and I have a special birthday dinner to prepare. Have a brilliant day!

7 comments:

mairedodd said...

everything looks fabulous - and you and your troop sound like you are going to have a blast... take a pic of a javelina if you can! hope you are feeling better and raring to go...

lomaprietapottery said...

Eagerly awaiting your arrival! Here's a recent pic of the javelina pile that occurs frequently - just in case Patty isn't able to take one - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31776645&l=a3de00a8d2&id=1564935402

NuminosityBeads said...

I hope you have a lucky javelina sighting too.
I hope to stop in and say hi. It's so nice to be able to just take a short drive to the show now.
Have a wonderful show!

xoxo Kim

kate mckinnon said...

I LOVE to make bails like that nifty one on your amulet slide. They work so well, and are so fun to play with. And of course what is not to love about clusters of bouncy pearls.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Go Patty GO!!!! Have a sell out and a great time to share with all of us.

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

That tray of beads looks scrumptious! It all does really, yummy copper too :) Have a great time and good luck with the shows!

Patty said...

Thanks all. I didn't know javelinas were lucky! Cool. As for the weather forecast...I guess it's actually not so great. But if we survived last year, we can handle anything. At least Kevin O'Grady can be counted on for a propane heater. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails