Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So. I love the desert!

We had a whirlwind of a drive to Tucson yesterday, and landed safe and sound at our friend's home on the Northwest side of Tucson. I swear, Terry and Barnes should be professional innkeepers. I feel spoiled enough with linens, expertly timed glasses of wine and nourishment, and handmade soaps (thank you Irene!) that I almost want to be adopted. Seriously, they are truly gracious hosts and it feels just so amazing being here.

The first breath of amazing we had was this morning after breakfast when the javelinas I had sooo hoped to see turned up right on cue outside their back gate. And the most perfect thing was...there was one little brand new baby that was no larger than a guinea pig! They were so adorable, and so foreign, that I felt like I was visiting another planet.

We had a totally leisurely morning and drove down to the show site at the Kino Veteran's Memorial Center to set up just after lunch. With 4 of us the canopy raising and booth furnishing didn't take too long, but we waited a long time to get our canopy properly staked. It's been quite breezy and if not properly done it could mean disaster. It was fabulous seeing everyone again, coming and going to set up, and the excitement in the air is amazing. I just love how everyone is arriving to this one spot with so much of their creative product in tow, ready to share it with the world.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow, as the show goes into the evening hours, but I'll try to post Facebook updates as I can. All for now - I'm tuckered, and my room mate is sawing logs. Time to do the same.

One more thing...Happy Birthday, darlin! :-)

5 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

Wow, you got your wish so fast with the javelinas!
Welcome to the desert, sorry it's so cool right now!
xoxo Kim

Mermaid Glass said...

Have fun!

rosebud101 said...

Best of luck!

Deb said...

Great post & photographs Patty. I adore the photo of the silhouetted cactus against the sunset.
I'd love to see the desert pretty much more than anything else in the world.
What interesting creatures the javelinas are!! Isn't a kick to get to see some for real when you've wanted to?
Hope the show goes well for you with record breaking sales :)

Cindy said...

Patty, hope the show went well...sounds like it was an amazing time in a beautiful location!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails