Thursday, March 31, 2011

Studio Warmth

I had the best little break from coop building last weekend when I attended my friend Rachel's studio warming party. She's in a new, more spacious space among other artists and had a party to warm her new digs on her birthday. In her own amazing style she transformed the gallery area into a tiny nightclub, complete with little tables bedecked in lime green and black (with orchids!), lime green punch (her signature color), tons of delicious Chinese food, a three piece jazz combo, and some really great people. I hope I get to see her mother again because I really enjoyed meeting her. Now I see where Rachel gets her ambition and her wonderful personality.

Rachel's studio warming party
I was delighted to finally hear Rachel sing! What gifts she has.

What an exciting time for her! Not only has her first book been a smashing success, but her second one, aptly titled "Bead Riffs" is nearly done too and can be pre-ordered. She's such an inspiration to me.

Rachel singing jazz
Won't you get hip to this timely tip:
When you make that california trip
Get your kicks on route sixty-six.


Our water-inspired two year old collaboration piece sold to one of the party guests.

Confluence, a collaboration with Rachel Nelson-Smith
"Confluence", a collaboration with beadwork by Rachel Nelson-Smith, and lampwork glass beads by myself.

She's off very shortly to Chicago, where she'll be teaching. Lucky students!

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

what a fun time!
and what a beautiful necklace- you certainly work with some incredible artists in your collaborations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails