Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Rapturous Day

Batik Iris
The spring garden is unfolding in splendiforous ways.

I don't know about you, but I had a perfect day yesterday, despite a small delay in the completion of my studio makeover. My Rapture playlist started with a delicious big breakfast, followed by a phone call from a friend inviting me to visit a couple of Open Studio sites. The weather was finally perfect, and it was delightful to get out and see some incredible painting, ceramics, jewelry and fiber art in some great local gardens. Our friend Lois's booth looked amazing. I had to restrain myself from purchasing more of her incredible knitwear - she has a way with color and fiber that rocks.

Lois's Open Studios Booth


Lois and her fabulous fiber art

Not only that, but when I got home from Open Studios I learned that we just got tickets to see The Civil Wars at our favorite local venue - suhweet!

Irisis
Irises that haven't bloomed in a long time are suddenly calling attention to themselves.

Rhododendron
So dull to regard most of the year, the rhodies are reminding me why I brought them home to live with us.

New Work
I spent some happy hours making some new bronze components, and finished a new necklace. In my Etsy shop now. The moss green and turquoise blend is exquisite.

New components

More in this vein is on the way...

Today started in the same wonderful way with my husband returning with two nice salmon after only a few hours on the water early this morning, and we enjoyed a fresh swiss chard, red potato and tarragon frittata for brunch. The weekend is barely half over and already I need to pinch myself.

6 comments:

Lori G. said...

I want to come summer with you. I am so envious of anyone who can grow things that aren't pointy and dangerous. ::sigh:: And the salmon sounds divine.

Patty said...

Come visit any time, Lori! My Darwin Gardens are at their best this time of year, when they have been well cared for my Mother Nature's rains over the winter. Come summer things are not so pretty. Pointy and dangerous are beautiful in their own way, don't you think?

rosebud101 said...

Gorgeous necklace! I wubs it!

Snowcatcher said...

I'm so in love with your irises, I may jump on Lori G's boat next spring so I can shoot some of your blossoms!!!

Your turquoise and bronze is stunning. And you are right. Lois' knitwear looks amazing! And she does pottery or decopage, too??? Wow!

Patty said...

Deb, you are most welcome as well! My spring garden is as spiffy as she gets. I'll soak the planks for the salmon.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails