Saturday, July 30, 2011

I heart macro Sunday: Tasty, tubular, and prickly

There is lots of goodness in the garden these days, and some of it is good enough to eat.

wild plum
Like the native plums...


And my best crop of strawberries ever...


And this, whose name I forget, and whose salmon colored variant used to be on my Must Have list.
  Now I'll never find it.


Even the weeds around here can be incredible in the dew and late day light.

Thistle

I hope you have a wonderful day, and don't forget to head over to see Lori at Studio Waterstone and check out the other macro treats! 

studio waterstone

9 comments:

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Your plums and strawberries look yummy! I love the thistle flower. All are wonderful pictures!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Gorgeous shots!!! and I would agree those tubular beauties are lovely! Almost look like beads!

Annette said...

Oh yum, those plums do look good enough to eat! The last shot is just cool!

lindalandig said...

I especially love the lighting in the fourth picture of the dewy weeds. Nice work!

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

I too love shooting weeds. You did a great job, I love the back lighting on the second to last image.

greenapplesgarden.com said...

The ants always beat me to my strawberries, but yours are picture perfect.

Jenni said...

Oh I love the purple thistle type ones, however a great selection too.
Jenni

Laura Twiford said...

I Love the angle of the thistle shot, very creative staging and the tubular flower is beautiful. Love all this summer goodness!

kimmykats said...

I have always thought that the thistle flower is amazing. Too bad they hurt you!!! great shots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails