Monday, August 8, 2011

Drinking it in

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each"

- Henry David Thoreau

Today's harvest
Potatoes from my Tower O' Potatoes, today's crop of strawberries and blackberries (with more every day), and fresh eggs.  Life is sweet indeed.

Turkish cukes
I desperately need some cucumber recipes.  These are my Turkish cucumbers from a pot on the deck, and we've been getting regular ones in our CSA box.

Summer's abundance is upon us, and I cannot ever recall such bounty.  We got a third egg (thank you, Lucille) just after I took this photo.  The Great Potato Experiment is now concluded, and I will post results shortly.

6 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh yum! My mouth is wattering.
Therese

mairedodd said...

congratulations on such a harvest! you must be some cook!

Izzy said...

Oh, Patty, I'm soooo jealous!

SummersStudio said...

Mouth watering, even at 8:30 am. We just eat our cukes raw with a little salt and pepper. Or with onions, cider vinegar, and a dollop of honey.

Catherine said...

Made this recipe today. http://www.food.com/recipe/ricks-thai-cucumber-salad-126039
Think you can sub any vinegar, onion, chili pepper you might have on hand. I used red onion. I made it for dinner, but the kids ate most of it by mid PM. Also made the Barefoot Contessa peanut sauce to go along with it.

Patty said...

Awesome Catherine - thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails