Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Heart Macro Sunday: Late Bloomer

Although the weather suggests that summer has just gotten underway here, if I pay close attention I can see the signs that it's well along.  The rudbeckia are blooming now, and I'm so grateful for their cheer when the earlier bloomers are fading.

My heart goes out to those of you who are continuing to suffer with the oppressive heat.  I hope you can find a cool, shady spot to sip some lemonade or tea today.

"And hate the bright stillness of the noon
without wind, without motion.
the only other living thing
a hawk, hungry for prey, suspended
in the blinding, sunlit blue.

And yet how gentle it seems to someone
raised in a landscape short of rain—
the skyline of a hill broken by no more
trees than one can count, the grass,
the empty sky, the wish for water."
 
-  Dana Gioia, California Hills in August

Rudbeckia

Rudbeckia


I hope you have a wonderful day, and don't forget to head over to see Lori at Studio Waterstone and check out the other macro treats! 

studio waterstone

19 comments:

Nadege, said...

I love your macros, especially the second one, such deep rusty colors and wonderful composition.

Anna Lear said...

These are so beautiful! I love the composition of all of them, but especially the first one with the other flowers in the background. And the colors are so intense, yet serene in a way. Very nice shots.

Alison said...

Your photos are fab, love the last one, it is so crisp!

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Beautifully captured! Like Nadege, I like the second one most.

bicocacolors said...

such great macros!!!

best wishes from Spain,
elena

Kym Hunter Designs said...

What beautiful colors! They have me longing for fall weather. Well, it's been so hot here, I've been longing for fall everyday lately ;-)

Have a great week!

lindalandig said...

We have lots of these blooming in our garden too. I think they are related to sunflowers. So rich colored and gorgeous!

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Love the colors of those flowers! I espeically like the second one where it is dark at the center and gets lighter on the petals. I also love seeing the pollen on the thir picture! Gorgeous shots!

Lori @ Studio Waterstone said...

Beautiful pics, Patty. Love the color and I love your blog, too!

Have a great week.

Kristi Bowman said...

I love those flowers and you got some beautiful shots!

Laura Twiford said...

I love these shots, the depth of color and the texture like velvet, so beautiful!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Love seeing the pollen!!! Great shots!

CraftyHope said...

These are lovely and have so much detail!
I've got no lemonade for the heat, but I'm heading down to the water for refreshment! :)

Annette said...

Great shots of one of my favorite flowers!

Tracey N. said...

Great shots, but I am in love with the last one! Such detail with all the pollen flecks! Such a lovely flower, looks so "fall" to me!

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

My garden has hundreds of these and the heat was bad up until recently, but they hung in there. We finally are getting a little rain. Your photos are lovely.

T... said...

very pretty, love the rustic colours......

Holly said...

Patty, these are gorgeous and just better as the pictures scroll through! That last one is my favorite :)

Snowcatcher said...

Rich, beautiful color. I didn't get as many flowers this year, but I sure appreciate the few that did bloom. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails